Dyson ...hard to push along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a problem with your Dyson? Ask for help here.
aceone

Dyson ...hard to push along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by aceone »

Hi i have a dc07,the problem is when i use it ,..the soleplate is sucked to the floor so much it is hard work to push and pull,if i vacuum lino it lifts it up.....puzelled, as it used to be fine,i have taken ik apart but cant see what might be the problem,...any ideas please
Onion
Dyson model: DC14 Animal

Re: Dyson ...hard to push along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Onion »

Sounds like you have a healthy machine! Stupid question but I take it the filter is fitted? I'm not sure what else could be causing your super-suction, unless there is some sort of air bleed around the soleplate which is blocked?
aceone

Post by aceone »

Hi thanks for your reply...all filters clean and fitted,and no blockages,all been cleaned fully with compressed air etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Onion
Dyson model: DC14 Animal

Post by Onion »

Wow, you know how to look after a machine! :) Sorry I'm not sure why it is sucking the floor so hard though, I've not come across that before.
Baglessball
Dyson model: DC25

Post by Baglessball »

A DC07 is a super powerful machine! Have you recently cleaned or replaced the filters?

I personally like it that they suck themselves to floor, although im aware alot of people dont!

If you remove the sole plate and the remove the two black rope seals its should sort tour problem without affecting pick up..

Let us know how you get on!
Baglessball
Dyson model: DC25

Post by Baglessball »

If it a cluthless model and you have recently replaced the soleplate that may be why you are noticing the extra suction, new sole plates have the rope seals fitted in them, so remive them from there!

Again let us know how you get on!
aceone

Post by aceone »

Hi again,had a play about with the Dyson,... seal on soleplate had already been removed so turned the bottom hose bit by bit but little or no improvment,I think ill just use this one for spares now,may i just say thanks for all your advice..........
DysonFan55555
Dyson model: DC33 & DC07

Post by DysonFan55555 »

I wish ours still did that!
Is there any way you souls out something in-between the rubber seal and the bin to let some air in somehow?
Alathumper
Dyson model: DC 40

Post by Alathumper »

You need to replace the beater bar (?)spelling ...the brushes are worn down ...leaving no space between vacume and floor
nevets22002
Dyson model: sv03

Post by nevets22002 »

I have to agree with Alathumper, try replacing the brush bar, when worn they dont generate enought turbulance in the head allowing the sole plate to drop and touch the floor, it could however just be a ill fitting soleplate.