Brush Head stop rotating DC40

If you need technical help with your Dyson DC40, DC41, DC42, DC50, DC51, DC55, DC65, DC66, DC75, DC77, Small Ball, Light Ball you can post it here
gfritz1
Dyson model: dc40

Brush Head stop rotating DC40

Post by gfritz1 »

Have a older DC40 original and the brush bar stopped working and its out of warranty . Called Dyson and they were 100% convinced it was the brush bar assembly and told me to order one . I wanted to verify power to the plug but they said not issue .Got the new head and as expected problem remained . I just sent it back for refund and they wanted me to send my machine in for repair but being this old don't think that makes sense . Coming from a technical background of 44 years and now retired like to fix stuff myself . So I did fins a internet search to check the power at plug the head goes into using a mm and it showed zero . So looking for technical info or videos to (1) check the beater bar switch and (2) how to disassemble and get to the wiring yoke . Can the beater switch cause the same problem ? or should I just go after the disassembly and get at the yoke. Any support and advice appreciated . Thanks