DC05 filter problems

If you need technical help with your Dyson DC05, DC08, DC11, DC19, DC20, DC21, DC22, DC23, DC32 you can post it here
Sallyh
Dyson model: DC05

DC05 filter problems

Post by Sallyh »

I cleaned the filter which was unusually full of fairly large bits of debris. While the vac is on, some powdery debris have been sucked into the bin but fairly large bits are gathering on the sponge of the filter. This is after a very short session.
Dont know why this should happen - everything seems to be fitted well together OK.
Thanks in advance for any help.
BB Dyson
Dyson model: v6 fluffy

Re: DC05 filter problems

Post by BB Dyson »

Sorry for late reply. On DC05 the carry handle/filter cover forms part of the cyclone, as in the root for the cyclone is in this part. If you look under the handle you will see the root sticking out. There is a channel that takes the dirt from the cyclone to the pre filter. This part can get blocked with hair and dirt when the filter starts getting blocked. After you have cleaned the filter and restored the suction back, any blockages in this channel can get sucked straight into the filter due to the suction increase.

Also check all seals are in place, the bin insert should have a seal on the top and bottom. Also where i mentioned the root coming out from under the handle, just above there is another seal, make sure that is also intact
davidej

Post by davidej »

I have an ancient but until recently perfectly functioning 05.

It now has started depositing lots of debris on the top filter.

I have fol;lowed you instructions including clearing loads of fluff etc from the passage in the handle/ filer cover passage and i am sure it is now clear. I have also washed the top filter again.

On trying it, most of the debris goes in the bin but a lot more goes through to the filter than should - some quite large pieces of debris.

Any suggestions?? I am loathe to consign it to the skip!

Thanks
davidej

Post by davidej »

I have an ancient but until recently perfectly functioning 05.

It now has started depositing lots of debris on the top filter.

I have fol;lowed you instructions including clearing loads of fluff etc from the passage in the handle/ filer cover passage and i am sure it is now clear. I have also washed the top filter again.

On trying it, most of the debris goes in the bin but a lot more goes through to the filter than should - some quite large pieces of debris.

Any suggestions?? I am loathe to consign it to the skip!

Thanks
davidej

Post by davidej »

I am having a similar problem.

I have carefully followed these instructions including clearing out a lot of debris in the filter top/ handle moulding.

However a lot of the dirt still seems to bypass the bin and end up on the top of the filter.

Any further suggestions? Thank you
davidej

Post by davidej »

I also have an ancient but, until recently, perfectly serviceable DC05. It now is suffering from similar problems.

I have followed your instructions, including removing a lot of debris from the passage in the top filter/ handle moulding. I have also carefully cleaned the top filter.

However a lot of the stuff sucked up still seems to be getting past the bin and ending up on the top filter.

Suction seems fine.

Any more suggestions?
BB Dyson
Dyson model: v6 fluffy

Post by BB Dyson »

If all seals are in place then there should be no reason for an increased amount of fluff going to the filter. Did you notice this problem after cleaning the filter?