It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:06 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: V10 spare battery
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:37 am 

First post here, so my apologies if this has been asked already: I have tried looking through the forum.

My wife is considering a V10, although I am not sure which exact model; possibly an 'animal'. Our main concern is that we are not sure if the battery runtime will be sufficient, so I have been looking at having a spare charged battery. While the battery is held in by 3 screws, it seems that to leave out the screws and use a simple rubber 'bungee' type fastener would be a simple solution. I have seen one youtube video where the demonstrator was unable to release one of the screws; apparently one was possibly not a straight forward cross head screw or possibly glued in. Many other videos show how simple it is to undo the screws and change the battery; perhaps all 3 screws are now cross head.

Is my idea workable or is, perhaps for example, the contact alignment so tight that any movement of the battery would break the electrical contact? The idea seems so obvious that I am surprised that there are no youtube, etc. videos. Either it is too obvious or there is a fundamental error in my thinking.

I have looked at the V11, with removable battery, but for one thing I am unable to find the battery cost. Also the V11 is considerably more expensive than the V10 in the UK, as probably elsewhere. (Btw, it appears that the V11 models with and without the changeable battery have the same part number. That seems a rather strange piece of marketing. If you order one, which do you get?)

TIA

Post subject: Re: V10 spare battery
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:43 pm 

Dyson model: Airblade
Hi
If you haven't ordered the V10 yet, you can now get a Dyson V11 with Clip in battery option. That way you can keep a spare battery on charge.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:25 am 

Hillside Hand Dryers: Thank you for your comment.

The V11 is an option, but it is heavier and a lot more expensive; still in decision mode.

I am still interested to know if my simple idea for the V10 will work or whether there is something I have missed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:50 am 

Dyson model: v6 fluffy
Hi,I understand your idea, however that battery would need to be better secured. Not only that but the red catches inside the handle can break. We have seen this a few times when people have been fitting a new battery.

If you was to keep taking in and out, that increases your chances of damage. Your best option if you want 2 batteries is to go for the newer V11

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]