It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:26 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Dyson V8 Animal Disappointment
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:41 pm 

Dyson model: V8 Animal
I purchased a V8 Animal just under 2 years ago and recently the plastic body on the unit has been showing signs of stress in discolored striations. The stress has resulted in the arm/wand now wobbling. When I contacted Dyson they told me these striations were a result of their injection moulding process. (These were never present when the machine was new.) If these striations are in-fact a result of their manufacturing process, the process is inferior. To think, I paid a significant premium for this vacuum cleaner only to learn that I am not getting my money's worth. If I had know that the life expectancy of a Dyson was only 2 years, I would have saved myself a lot of money and just purchased a competitors vacuum. Clearly, the Dyson vacuum cleaners are not worth the price tag they are being sold for.
My recommendation to anyone considering buying a Dyson is, save your money. Their are numerous other brands of vacuums that are comparable and much less expensive. Invest in those. Even if they only last 2 years, you can buy 3-4 of them before you get to the price of a Dyson. It just make economic sense.

Post subject: Re: Dyson V8 Animal Disappointment
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:57 pm 

Dyson model: v6 fluffy
Yes this seems to be a problem we are seeing more of. Having said that I have had my V6 for over 5 years and tocuh wood not had this problem. Then again this could be down to the fact they have changed how they do things. I agree, spending all that money you would expect it to last longer.

Like I say to customers, if Dyson says he cordless machines are as good as the corded models, he needs to put the same 5 year warranty on them.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]