It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:48 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Mini Turbine Head Has No Suction
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:36 pm 

Dyson model: DC24
Hi

I've just received my new DC24 Animal today and although there is good suction from the vacuum itself and also through the hose and extension when connected, when I connect the mini turbine head there is no suction whatsoever from it.

The brush goes round and there is a lot of suction going into the bit on the side (the air filter?) but nothing in the area where the brush is. The suction in the side filter of the mini turbine head is enough to pull my skirt to it and stick to it but that seems to be the only place there is any suction. It does not pick up at all and sort of flicks any dirt away from the brush. Surely this can't be right? Is there supposed to be more suction from this tool? There must be, otherwise it would be pointless. Mine does nothing.

The hose is not blocked as there is good suction before I attach the mini turbine and there is excellent suction through the side part! just not in the place where it is needed.

Any advice please? Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Mini Turbine Head Has No Suction
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:37 pm 

Dyson model: DC14 Animal
You can't usually feel the suction on the turbine heads because the air is being drawn through such a large area that it slows right down so I wouldn't be worried about that. It's strange that the performance is so poor though.

Post subject: Re: Mini Turbine Head Has No Suction
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:38 pm 

Dyson model: DC24
Thanks for your reply Onion.

I've just contacted Dyson who were very helpful and said I should return this one and they will send out a replacement.

Hopefully I'll have better luck with the replacement :)

Just thought I'd mention that the mini turbine head on my previous dyson worked really well and had excellent suction so I'm sure they are supposed to be better than the one I've got. It's as though there's an air leak or the sides are not sealed properly. Anyway, great customer service from Dyson.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]