It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:23 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Can not open DC07 bin
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:44 pm 

I have a DC07 and suddenly can not open the bin to empty it. When I push the button nothing happens and I have tried to manually pry it open, but I can not. The top of the bin will not come open either when I push the clamp. HELP!

Post subject: Re: Can not open bin
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:42 pm 

Dyson model: DC14 Animal
Hi scrawley :)

It sounds like the release rod might be jammed. That would explain why you can't get the bin apart either.

I think you're going to have to start by removing the cyclone top. Here is a guide tt cleaning out the cyclone which explains how to remove it - start at step 5.

http://www.crazysquirrel.com/diy/dyson/cylinder-clean-page-1.jspx

You'll need a torx screwdriver of the right size but if you don't have one you can pick one up cheaply on ebay. I just hope the cyclone top isn't stuck too and if not hopefully you can pull out the cyclone top with release rod attached and then reassemble it all again. Good luck and let us know how you get on...

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:43 pm 

Dyson model: dc07
Just had the same problem. Finally realised what to do. Using a legth of coat hanger or fencing wire didn't work. Pull the long rod away from the top against its spring (under the rubber gaiter) and whilst holding it, undo the screw holding the long rod to the top trigger mechanism. Now you can wiggle the rod part free (careful of the plastic lug on the side opposite the screw). Now, you can look down through the cyclone whilst inserting the rod properly into the releaser at the bottom and open the base. Reassemble the rod into the top. NOW reinsert it into the cyclone with the base door OPEN and using two fingers locate the rod into the releaser lever. Now you can close the door. Phew. Hope this is clear enough as a guide.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 11:52 am 

Dyson model: Dc07 allergy
Undo the screws at the top using a * adapter bit and gently pull out the rod. With a torch and plastic long chopstick push the chopstick into the release hole at the bottom of the cyclone. If you can't see it with the torch, tip the cyclone upside down and tip as much as the debris out as possible. Then voila!!! Now to find a reply on how to actually replace the broken bin lid

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]