It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:01 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: NO SUCTIION!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:48 pm 

Evening.
I have 2 dyson's The big one is the Big Purple Pet model and THAT is the one I am ready to pitch out. Dyson "claims" that it never loses suction.. Mak a bet.
We have cats.. and I clean our house every day and vacuum every day.. most times 2x day.... I have cleaned the little spomgy filter rinse it out.... the sir hose is NOT cloogged, there is NO REASON for this vacuum to NOT Be sucking up but it is USELESS!!!!!
HELP!

Post subject: Re: NO SUCTIION!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:50 am 

Dyson model: DC14 Animal
Hi mommacat 11. Something definately sounds wrong with your machine. Cat hairs shouldn't cause much of a problem to vacuum cleaners and if you've kept the filter clean then you've done all you can.

How old is it (and what model - DC07, DC14 etc?) If it's within the 5 year guarantee give Dyson a call and they will sort it out. If it's older your motor could be wearing out as twice a day is above average usage. Motors arn't too expensive but are a bit fiddly to fit. Alternatively Dyson (or any local appliance repair shop) will be able to replace it.

Finally, the stupid questions: check that all of the parts which can be removed for inspection are firmly located and (carefully!) check that the brushbar is spinning.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:59 pm 

Hi......turn the vac on its back so you can see the brush,..you will see 3 large screw head clips,using a 2 pence peice,turn all 3 quater of a turn,now you should be able to remove the soleplate,...now i guss you will see the problem....clean out. and while you have the soleplate off check the belt and the bottom hose are ok(check for splits in hose)........hope this rectifies the problem....best of luck Mike

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:03 pm 

I took the beater bar off the bottom , cleaned it all out... cleaned the hose as best Icould but it was not clogged. If I could have taken the HEPA FILTER off I would have done so to try and clean that out too. I just cleaned out the spongy filter last week.

It is a little better but not much. It is MODEL DC15. Does that make sense?

I use carpet powders fairly often.. do you think that could be why the suction power has dimished?

Mommacat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:34 am 

mommacat 11 wrote:
I use carpet powders fairly often.. do you think that could be why the suction power has dimished?

Mommacat

Dyson cleaners should only ever be used with Dyson's own carpet dry-cleaning agent, Zorb. It's probably worth phoning Dyson's free helpline for advice:

UK - 0800 954 0154

US -1-866-693-9766

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:37 pm 

Peachy...
I didn't even know they had their own powder.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:20 pm 

Hi again ....not too familiar with the dc15,but now you mention powder i think you need to check your filters again,might be worth thinking about changing them,.alternitavly if you have access to an airline(compresser),you could try blowing them out,especialy the covering on the pre motor filter casing,and blow out the cyclone,hope this helps you

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:26 pm 

HOw do I get to the covering on the pre motor filter casing?

Hanks,
mommacat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:03 pm 

hi again....its part of the yellow casing that you put the blue sponge filter into,try blowing the dust out,then give it a wash with some washing up liquid....but make sure it is completly dry before replacing it

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:39 pm 

It's BETTER!!!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!I Used my husband's super duper shop vac and vacuumed everything out.. seems to be better.

I'd still like to get to the crdboard filter that the canister sits on. These vacuums are too much $$ to replace at the drop of a hat.

THank you for your help!
Deb

PS. Why did James Dyson step down?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next