It is currently Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:57 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Can't get the wand seperated on my Dyson 25 :-(
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:08 am 

Dyson model: DC31
Hi all, hope everyone is well.

I bought a secondhand dyson DC25 all floors at auction last week and have a problem with it.
I had checked it, plugged it in, tried all the bits etc etc and it was all good at the time.

When I've got it home Ive had problems and am frustrated.

Basically, the wand wont now come out of the top as it should do :evil:

I have taken it apart thinking it was the wand release switch that's broken but it seems to be fine :?

So, I've taken some pics of what I mean as it looks to me like there must be something missing in the wand mechanism itself which gets pushed outwards to release the switch but I can't find an exploded diagram of the actual wand parts itself it's starting to look like I may need to buy a whole new wand at £30 :!:

Apologies for the several photos but just trying to be clear for anyone that can help me, typical that my first post would be a cry for help :oops:

This first picture shows the wand release switch in the body / chassis of the dyson

This shows the wand off the dyson and the hose is all disconnected.

This is after I've pressed in the tabs shown above and slid the inside of the wand parts out of the outer shroud

The next three pictures shows the inside mechanism as the hose gets pulled up through it

So in that picture above it's obvious that when the solid hose is pulled up there is a notch that appears in the window which must push something outwards and into the wand release switch on the chassis allowing the whole wand mechanism to be disconnected?

Anyone with more knowledge got any ideas at all?

Post subject: Re: Can't get the wand seperated on my Dyson 25 :-(
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:41 pm 

Dyson model: DC25
Hi, I've just had the same problem myself after my father came round to do some decorating. He has a different Dyson model at home and was obviously flummoxed by the DC25's wand. I think he bust it trying to get it out. After he had gone home, I found that I couldn't remove the wand, try as I might. I searched the web trying to find a solution and stumbled across your post. After reading it, my fiancee found a piece of plastic nearby which thanks to you, I recognised as being the essential piece.
Attachment:
DC25 clip 1.JPG
DC25 clip 1.JPG [ 116.54 KiB | Viewed 9621 times ]

Attachment:
DC25 clip 2.JPG
DC25 clip 2.JPG [ 128.29 KiB | Viewed 9621 times ]

Attachment:
DC25 clip 3.JPG
DC25 clip 3.JPG [ 126 KiB | Viewed 9621 times ]

It looks similar to the clear piece of plastic in your photo. It is a U-shaped band about 1-1.5 cm wide. I released the sliding collar by pressing the tabs, as you did, and tried looking for a place to fit the clip. My initial thoughts were to fit it around the clip over the top of the collar or the metal wand - where you have placed your clear plastic piece - but that didn't work. I then placed the plastic clip into the recess in the sliding collar - i.e. the hollowed out section just below where you have put the clear plastic piece in your photo. That fitted fine so I re-fitted the sliding collar back into the handle. The release mechanism worked as good as new.

Hope it works for you too. Good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:20 pm 

Dyson model: DC25 Animal
Does anyone know the name and/or the part number of the part in the pictures?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:20 pm 

Dyson model: v6 fluffy
Hi normally 9/10 the wand not being released can be solved with a simple spray of polish. It is rare for there to be an actual issue with the wand itself. The 1000's of machines we do each year suggests this to be the case for us anyway.

If the wand is still sticking drop us a DM and we will help. We are working on a guide to publish to this site detailing what to do

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]