It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:30 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: V10 Canister Release Problem
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 11:30 pm 

Dyson model: V10
I bought a demo V10 last week. It cleans great. However when I try to empty the canister, the mechanism seems to get stuck when it has to release the bottom of the canister. If I grab the red lever and pull down hard it works sort of, but I have to pull so hard I am scared of breaking the lever. The canister slides down quite easily, but when it hits the latch it get stuck. I had a look at the mechanism and it seems as if the grey pivot which is supposed to press down on the red bar is poorly designed. The angle on the rounded edge seems to acute. (See attached image). There is however no sign of damage.

When I look at the training videos and reviews, the canister releases in a smooth action. I have to force mine. Any suggestions?

As mentioned, I bought a demo unit so I expect a bit of wear. However there are scratches underneath the red canister release lever. (see image). It seems that someone had used the lever when closing the canister and the edge of the lever is scratching the case. However when you open the canister the red lever does not catch the case. Is there any way this can be affection the canister release action?

Any suggestions?

I am tempted to return the unit to the store, but not sure I should. The unit was the last one they had and as it was demo stock I got a good price. The new price also went up on the day that I bought it because of our currency devaluation. I will get my money back, but will have to spend 40% more for a new one. I do have a 2 year warranty.

Attachments:
File comment: Scratches
Scratches.jpg
Scratches.jpg [ 17.32 KiB | Viewed 214 times ]
File comment: Pivot
Pivot.jpg
Pivot.jpg [ 29.85 KiB | Viewed 214 times ]

Post subject: Re: V10 Canister Release Problem
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:39 pm 

Dyson model: v6 fluffy
The best thing to try is to remove the clear bin and clean the outside with some dusting polish. Also the grey lever that you mentioned. This can become harder to empty after a few uses. I agree that the mechanism could have been better designed. You should still have some sort of warranty on the product if the problem persists or a part gets broken.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]