It is currently Tue May 18, 2021 9:27 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: DC02 Electrically bypassing the cable rewind
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:25 pm 

Dyson model: DCO2
Hi Dysons!!

This is my first post on this forum.The model I have is a DCO2 the original small one.This cleaner belonged tp my late parents .What happened was some years ago my Dad used this machine but the cable winder broke,and he gave it to me.I thought Iwould be able to fix it.I was unable to do that,and completely dismantled the cleaner in the process.. ...and left it for a long time..in a cardboard box.i should have never tried to fix it. BUT, I decided to rebuild it back to having no cable rewind mech....I have removed the cable rewind drum taken the cable off the spool and would like now,to put the wiring back .I see it plugs into the center of the spool onto two wires. Now from here on I am lost. Is what I am doing TECHNICALLY possible? and which wires go where? The mechanical reassembly is not too much of a problem,but it is the wiring I am wary of. The cleaner is of sentmental value to me,and I know it was working (apart from the cable rewind mech).when I took it apart.It is the grey model. Sorry for such a long tedious first post,any advive would be greatly appreciated!.Regards from adrian

Post subject: Re: DC02 Electrically bypassing the cable rewind
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:31 am 

Dyson model: v6 fluffy
Hello and welcome

You can of course have the machine so it does not rewind. Although this would be more of a tripping hazard. You can sometimes pick a cheap rewind up from various auction sites. We can also check our stock as I believe we may have a few of them.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]