It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:38 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: DC25 rotating brush intermittent
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:30 pm 

Dyson model: DC25
Hi guys, new on here. Hoping you can help.
I have a DC25 and the rotating brush is intermittent. It spins when you first press the vacuum on on click into with your foot to push into action, but after about 2 seconds it stops spinning. The suction remains on but the brush stops spinning. Any idea?

I removed and checked the buttons but they appear fine as it DOES spin - I just just stop after a c couple of seconds of spinning? I have of course, pulled it out and cleaned it and made sure that there is nothing twisted/tangled up in it/around it.

I really am lost as to what is causing this - any ideas anyone? :-(

Thank you all in advance

Post subject: Re: DC25 rotating brush intermittent
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:55 pm 

Dyson model: v6 fluffy
The problem can be caused by a number of things. The most common is the Yoke Loom assy. This when faulty will stop the head motor from spinning when it is moved up and down.

Try folding the machine down (as if to use) Turn the machine ON and do not move the vacuum. Does the head keep spinning or does it cut out as you say. If it keeps running, move the main handle lower and higher (this will cause the yoke loom to flex) which if causing the fault will cut the head in and out

Let us now what you find :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:15 pm 

BB Dyson wrote:
The problem can be caused by a number of things. The most common is the Yoke Loom assy. This when faulty will stop the head motor from spinning when it is moved up and down.

Try folding the machine down (as if to use) Turn the machine ON and do not move the vacuum. Does the head keep spinning or does it cut out as you say. If it keeps running, move the main handle lower and higher (this will cause the yoke loom to flex) which if causing the fault will cut the head in and out

Let us now what you find :)

Hi and thank you very much indeed for your response.

Unfortunately it makes zero difference if I don't move the vacuum at all. The brush will spin for about 2 seconds tops then stops :-(

Any ideas? It's driving me crazy I don't understand why...?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:20 pm 

Any ideas anyone? :-((

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:10 am 

Dyson model: v6 fluffy
Hi, if moving the vacuum has no effect then it sounds like it can be a number of other things.

1) The main cable in the switch housing has come out slightly which pushes the switches out of balance. This means that they can dis engage after a while.

2) The motor in the main head has started to fail. If you remove the head unit and turn it over you will see there t15 screws undo these, also there is one in the corner that is a Phillips screw, that also needs removing. Once done you can take the head cover off to inspect the motor.

Let us know what you find

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]