Need advise on buying first Dyson vacuum
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:48 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Need advise on buying first Dyson vacuum
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:01 pm 

Hello - I was thinking about getting my wife a Dyson vac but I'm not sure which one is best. We have mainly flat carpet and just need an upright with the most vacuuming power that will not lose suction over time, pet hair is not a consideration. Right now my wife is using an $89 Hoover upright and she has used Dust Devils in the past. The one time I tried to buy her a more expensive vacuum I got burned big time - it was a Hoover Wind Tunnel that cost $330, and it didn't work that good, or for very long. I'm hoping Dyson will be a better choice. If it were just me I would get a Rainbow R2D2 vac, but my wife prefers uprights.

After some basic research, I'm looking at the DC33 and DC40 models, but was also looking at some rebuilt DC07's on ebay. If the only difference is the ball or not, I prefer the regular wheeled model. I just want a good reliable vacuum, long cord is appreciated but we don't use attachments that much, it will be used 99% of the time as a plain upright, no stairs either. Any thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Need advise on buying first Dyson vacuum
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:54 pm 

Dyson model: DC14 Animal
Sounds like you've just about worked it out for yourself. There isn't much between the wheeled versions, and the DC14 is another option if you're looking at refurbished options. I don't think you'll go too far wrong with the DC07, DC14 or DC33.

Post subject: Need advise on buying first Dyson vacuum
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:09 pm 

Hi I have 11 cats 3 dogs and 2 inside bunny rabbits and I hate pet hair on carpets , We have a dc27 animal and a dc25 animal and a dc19 animal at home . although the dc25's bin capacity is smaller I find it picks up pet hair far more effectivly than any of the other dyson models, we have tried all of them. It also sucks up pet hair on the bare floor very well to.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:42 am 

Dyson model: DC14
I would say Dyson dc07 or dc33 stay away from Dyson balls

For further queries , the following website is very much helpful..

http://www.vacuumcleanerreviewscenter.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:38 pm 

Dyson model: DC59
iRobot Roomba 790 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for Pets and Allergies is the one of the best robot vacuum cleaner brand known to me so far. It is being used world widely now-a-days. It includes 3 Virtual Wall Lighthouses, Extra Brush Set, Extra Filter Set, Round Brush Cleaning Tool, Flat Brush Cleaning Tool.. This robot vacuum gives great job..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:50 pm 

Dyson model: DC59
I am having a Dyson DC58 Handheld Vacuum Cleaner .It ergonomically fits into the shape of the hand - center of gravity located towards the grip for easy handling.. I have consider it to be the best hand held vacuum cleaner now-a-days.. I mainly use this to clean stairs, cars and quick kitchen cleanup

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:05 pm 

Dyson model: DC40 and DC65
Usually I really like upright vacuums and the power that they posses. However from a practical point of view, my first suggestion is go for canisters as they come with attachments and can be very useful in all parts of your home/car etc.

Dyson is known for its incredible suction so don't worry about it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:42 am 

Dyson model: DC07
Well, hopefully you have made a decision by now.

My advise would be : DC07/14/33 - But only if they have been fitted with new motors and are fully serviced woth no odours.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:02 am 

Dyson model: 154
My husband got the dyson cinetic. He got this for my chirstmas cleaning of the house.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:12 pm 

Dyson model: V6
DeathTongueOpus wrote:
Hello - I was thinking about getting my wife a Dyson vac but I'm not sure which one is best. We have mainly flat carpet and just need an upright with the most Best vacuum for tile floors power that will not lose suction over time, pet hair is not a consideration. Right now my wife is using an $89 Hoover upright and she has used Dust Devils in the past. The one time I tried to buy her a more expensive vacuum I got burned big time - it was a Hoover Wind Tunnel that cost $330, and it didn't work that good, or for very long. I'm hoping Dyson will be a better choice. If it were just me I would get a Rainbow R2D2 vac, but my wife prefers uprights.

After some basic research, I'm looking at the DC33 and DC40 models, but was also looking at some rebuilt DC07's on ebay. If the only difference is the ball or not, I prefer the regular wheeled model. I just want a good reliable vacuum, long cord is appreciated but we don't use attachments that much, it will be used 99% of the time as a plain upright, no stairs either. Any thoughts?

I suggest you to try Dyson V6. It has all the feature you wants with a vaccum like long cord, light weight etc. I have one of that at my home and its performance is quite good.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next