Lighter replacement for DC07
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:45 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Lighter replacement for DC07
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:01 am 

Dyson model: DC07
I have been impressed with the power of the DC07 but ours we have to clean the filter after every use. Having given the whole Dyson the once over it still does the same and my wife finds it far too heavy.

So am wondering what to replace it with?

The new DC40 multifloor looks like toy in comparison and the lighter construction means the plastics look weak. The hose reach lengths have been drastically shortened. Based on the very helpful table the DC07 beats in terms of air watts any of the current models. I also think that the reduced bin collectors is a retrograde step. Some of the animal models offer better tools even if you dont have animals like us.

I was looking at DC40 and the DC39....

Any advice would be appreciated......as I also note that Vax are offering 6 yr guarantees for models that you can get for £99.

Post subject: Re: Lighter replacement for DC07
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:31 am 

Dyson model: DC14 Animal
I wouldn't be worried about the build quality of the DC40 as all Dysons will be designed and tested to the same standards. As for the airwatts clearly that is going to affect the suction power on the hose but there is more to carpet cleaning performance than just suction power so the overall cleaning performance will not be directly related. However, the larger machines of the same generation will always do a better job.

As for the reach I find my DC14 has just enough hose to reach the top of a standard set of UK stairs so anything less and you'll probably have to do the top ones from upstairs but that may not be an issue. The bin I find is plenty for the whole house but the newer machines bins are smaller as you say.

The DC39 is a cylinder machine. The current upright range is:

DC50 (small)
DC40 (medium)
DC41 (full size)

If you don't have pets or children I would go for the DC50 for the weight and make do with the smaller bin and reach. But if you've got hairy pets I'd go for the DC41.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:51 pm 

Many thanks for your help. I think the uprights are more useful than the cylinders certainly in terms of storage given the wand probably falls down all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:52 pm 

A review of the DC41
http://reviews.cnet.com/vacuum-cleaners/dyson-dc41-animal-complete/4505-14098_7-35828612.html

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]