Dyson V8 (SV10) pulsating motor
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:48 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Dyson V8 (SV10) pulsating motor
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:44 pm 

Dyson model: V8
I purchased a V8 model late November 2016. Just over 4 weeks later the motor started to pulsate in the low speed mode, indicating a blockage somewhere. Trial and error indicated the post motor (HEPA) filter might be responsible, since with this filter removed the unit ran OK at high and low speed. I persuaded Dyson to send me a new filter.

While waiting for delivery, my wife and I thoroughly cleaned the whole vacuum cleaner with our old vacuum. We also washed and dried both the pre and post motor filters thoroughly, several times. Neither seemed dirty. I fitted the new post filter when it arrived and the vacuum ran normally. Out of curiosity, I refitted the old filter. The motor still pulsated on low speed, but was OK at high speed.

I assume that the old filter had a defect which created a partial blockage. This did not immediately invoke motor pulsation, since the rest of the vacuum was brand new and dust free However, as the vacuum started to choke-up (e.g. in the cyclone assembly), the blockage became too much and motor pulsation started to occur.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Post subject: Re: Dyson V8 (SV10) pulsating motor
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:57 pm 

Dyson model: DC07
The filters on V6/V8 are very sensitive to blocked pores. Using Dyson Instructions to run under the tap does not properly clean it. I suggest you throw the filter in your washing machine and then when it's dry try it. This will solve the problem.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]