DC35 No Longer Working
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:26 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: DC35 No Longer Working
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:44 pm 

Dyson model: DC35
I have a DC35, probably 3 years old that has quit working. At first, it acted like a dead batter, a pull of the trigger and the power light would flash.

I ordered an official replacement battery from Dyson, allowed it to charge for a while (until the charge light went out) and placed it in the DC35 with the same affect. I ensured the bin is connected and that the contacts on everything are cleaned.

For what it's worth, if I remove the bin, the behavior changes (the light does not light up).

If I put my ear to the DC-35 and pull the trigger, it makes a click sound (it sounds like a relay, not like the switch clicking).

I pulled it apart, nothing looks like it's burned out, both the capacitors have power in them (about 20 volts) and the battery shows that it has power as well. Obviously not an exaustive test but there is a lot of circuitry in there so I'm not sure where to start or what to check.

I did remove the motor, and I was able to turn it manually but it felt like there was a lot of resistance and it would tend to snap to a pole as I turned it. I'm not sure if this is normal or if this could be an issue. Since it's brushless, I'm thinking this is normal.

Any thoughts here?

Post subject: Clarification on the flash
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:59 pm 

When I say flash, the light just flashes once while I hold the trigger. If I release and press the trigger again it flashes once as before. I can repeat this over and over again...

Post subject: Re: DC35 No Longer Working
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:59 pm 

Dyson model: DC14 Animal
Hi. First thought is that it could be a problem with the filter magnet sensor as described below but you mention that it behaves differently when the bin is removed (with the filter?) so it sounds like it must be at least partially working. Perhaps worth investigating though.

http://www.fixya.com/support/t13394861-flashing_green_light_dyson_hand_held

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:37 pm 

Hmmm, interesting, will take a look.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:58 pm 

I am having the same exact issue as wmchurch, one flash and then nothing when I pull the trigger. Checked voltage in a few areas and it looks like the battery is providing power. As far as I can tell the DC35 doesnt use a magnet for the filter, but a little mechanical switch. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:25 am 

I'm experiencing these exact same symptoms. Anyone else have have this and find a solution?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]