It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:27 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: DC07 Won't Bite the Carpet
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:59 am 

Dyson model: DC-07
I have a DC07 that's like 17 years old. The motor runs just as good as the day as we got it. It's not the main vacuum in the house and it's really been used lightly. I recently noticed a loss of suction and it has been used to clean up drywall debris in the past so I ordered a new permanent filter. I'm betting that will help that problem.

However, the problem that I'm having is one that we originally had out of the box. The vacuum does not do a good job of digging into the carpet with the brush roll. I can push down lightly with my foot on the front of the mouth and it will dig in a little better. When I take it out of storage and start it, it will just kind of levitate over the carpet until I turn my hand in a sideways motion on the handle and it digs into the carpet. I can tell because when the brush is actually contacting the carpet it makes a soft buzzing sound (not the brush jam alarm sound). I also know that this problem exists because the vacuum will not pick up things until I press the brush down. Is there a way to adjust the sole plate so that the vacuum will do a better job of biting the carpet? Also, is there anything I can do about its tendency to push around debris in front of it instead of sucking it up?

Post subject: Re: DC07 Won't Bite the Carpet
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:43 am 

Dyson model: DC-07
I waited for quite a while and nobody responded. However some thorough digging I found the solution and I'm posting so anyone that has the same problem and comes across this will know. All I had to do was replace the internal hose. This is at inch piece of vacuum hose exposed on the underside of the vacuum that connects the sole plate\brush assembly to the vacuum manifold. It acts as a spring and pushes the sole plate against the floor. It both helped the brush dig into the carpet and allows the machine's mouth to easily admit larger debris such as dog kibble, which is wonderful for me. This machine had had that problem since it was purchased 15 years ago and now it's the best vacuum I've ever used. The internal hose is easy to replace and cost me $8 on Amazon.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]