It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Cleaning the DC44
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:00 pm 

Dyson model: DC44
I need to clean the cyclone assembly of my DC44. The holes that you can see through the bin are plugged. I stuck a toothbrush in there and cleaned most of them, but the whole thing, after all these years, could use a good cleaning.
The manual is no help. At least the manual, and youtube sources I've found.

I found the torx8 screw under the filter, but that does not loosen the bin as far as I can tell. Is there a pointer to some instructions for disassembly of the DC44?

I need to remove the Bin Assembly, and the Cyclone assembly while I'm at it and give the whole thing a clean.

Thanks,
wp

Post subject: Re: Cleaning the DC44
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:54 am 

Dyson model: v6 fluffy
The DC44 cyclone is not really designed for the public to strip and clean, there are small tabs which if break can end up being costly. You can take the bin off by doing the following:

1) Have only the handheld unit (no lance or tools attached)
2) Empty the clear bin
3) With the bin flap open turn the machine over, between the clear bin and motor unit you will see a red clip with a groove for your finer to go in. Moving this will unclip the clear bin from the bottom, all you need to do then is twist it and gently pull it off.

You can wipe the clear bin with a damp cloth, but be careful as there are electric connectors on the bin to help power the cleanerhead.

When it comes to the cyclone tapping it into a carrier bag will loosen some of the dirt (watch for dust clouds in your allergic) Some use a hair dryer on a cold setting to blow air into the cyclone.

If you do decide to wash the cyclone make sure it is dry before you reattach to the machine. Any water that is left can damage the digital motor

hope this helps

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]