DC35 Filter Sensor issue
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:42 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: DC35 Filter Sensor issue
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:52 pm 

Dyson model: dc35
Hi There - first post here - any DYI Dyson repair experts/visionaries out there?

I've had a DC35 handheld for about 5 years - it cleans both my apartment and my girlfriends place on a regular basis - We started having battery issues a few months ago - I bought one from Dyson. All good.

My gal broke the clip on top that separates the two halves of the body - I found a 'broken' DC35 on local classifieds (the seller said the battery was dead) for $50!

It tuns out his battery was fine - but the filter sensor wasn't engaging - I looked at two Youtube video's - where one fellow said chip out the rubber and 3 contact points will reveal themselves - solder them all together and the unit would engage without the filter.

I could get the machine whirring by manually depressing the filter sensor - then I wanted to make the repair a little more permanent - bad idea.

I managed to chip out the rubber - but there were no 3 contacts visible - rather a "mysterious white mechanical freemasonry switch" as a comment on the video described it. I kept chiseling - then went to far - I pulled out the white switch and the remaining wires retreated into the handle - handheld officially dead.

These machines are booby trapped!

Had a Viewed the second video first, where some guy said "just put a spot of glue from a glue gun on each end of your filter - or carefully lift one of the switch 'arms' to make a better contact.

Does anyone know if I have any options now that I have removed the white sensor switch?

I't's ok - I got a lot of parts for $50 - but I was so close to getting a second hand held DC35!!!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]