Only in a Movie, at least that's what I would have thought.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:14 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Only in a Movie, at least that's what I would have thought.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:55 am 

Dyson model: V6 Animal
Ok, so I have a Dyson V6 Animal that my wife loves and uses at least twice a day to clean up fur balls left from our three cats.
A while back the roller head started being stubborn and wouldn't always start right a way when the vacuum was turned on. Today when I took the main assembly minus the wand and the roller head outside to empty the contents into a plastic bag I thought, I might as well take it into the garage and clean the contacts where the wand snaps onto the motor/canister assembly. So I took out my can of CRC Lectra-motive Electric Parts
Cleaner and carefully sprayed a little bit into the female contacts.
I then went back into my house and hooked the wand back onto the motor and started the vacuum but the roller head would still not turn. So I took the entire unit back out to the garage and with the electric parts cleaner carefully sprayed the male and female contacts on the motor, both ends of the wand, and the rollerhead assembly.
I then snapped the unit back together and started carrying it back toward the house.
Before I got out of the garage the motor/canister assembly broke completely off the wand. It didn't come apart at the connection point, IT BROKE APART AT THE CONNECTION POINT. Not entirely impossible to believe and I realize that but then before I could exit the garage door, the roller assembly motor broke completely off the other end of the wand. It too did not just come apart from the connection, IT BROKE COMPLETELY OFF AT THE CONMECTION POINT. The lasting parts that make up the connection points seamed to have become very brittle breaking into at least half a dozen pieces. I didn't even bump into anything on my way through and out the garage but it looked like I had taken a hammer to the fittings on the vacuum.
I had not noticed any cracks in the fittings before this. There was no strong chemical smell and none of the parts looked like they had gotten hot and started to melt causing the fittings to become weak. None of that. I have had that can of spray cleaner for years and have used it quite a few times with nothing like this ever happening. :o That is why I said, Only in a movie can something like this happen. Any ideas of what may have caused this would be greatly appreciated because I am stumped.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]