It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:27 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: DC04 smelling after various fixes
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:17 pm 

Dyson model: DC04
Hi folks. I've been on here before but can't remember my log in. The last time I was on here I was after DC04 advice (which I received - thanks). I also found a DC04 in a hedgerow and canabalised it for bits.
I decided to spruce up my canabalised DC04 by removing the hair and thread from the brush spindle, fitting a replacement bottom clear hose and giving the top and bottom washable filters a good wash.
With the new clear hose fitted the head presses down far better and does a good job at cleaning our carpets.
After a short time I noticed a smell. It smells like sweaty socks. Not burning. Not rubber. We dont have pets.
I took out the top filter (blue sponge). It smells slightly of socks. However, the smell seems to be originating at the brush end.
I guess that I should have left it alone to work averagely well rather than do what I did maybe?
All wisdom gratefully received - many thanks.

Post subject: Re: DC04 smelling after various fixes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:25 am 

Hi folks. Could anyone help with any ideas please? Any suggestions, tips etc would be great. many thanks.

Post subject: Re: DC04 smelling after various fixes
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:36 pm 

nearer to the cause now I think. I removed the 2 star screws below the filter at the top of the cylone. The lower part contained smelly gunk. I have removed this now. The cause was that I had cleared the small holes and allowed the smell to move through the machine (I think). I can see some remnants of gunk behind the small holes. Is ot possible to 'split' the cyclone to enable the plastic behind the small holes to be cleaned? There seems to be a pushable piece at the very end. Any help would be much appreciated thanks

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]