Dyson DC 33 Multi Floor
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:52 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Dyson DC 33 Multi Floor
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:08 pm 

Dyson model: DC33 MultiFloor
Hi

I've just joined the forums and, after having some initial problems with registering/logging in, it was sorted by 'Onion'. Thank you.

Hi to all existing members.

Ok, I've been a long time Dyson user and previous models have included the DC01, DC07 All Floors and the DC07 Origin and, I recently bought the DC33 Multi Floor. I've loved using every Dyson during all of that time and I have always raved on to anyone who was thinking of buying a new vacuum, about how good Dyson's were, especially with the 5 years parts and labour warranty.

Having just used the DC33 for the first time this morning, I have a few 'moans' about it which I would like to mention here in this forum. Prior to buying the DC33, I had done some research on it and read various reviews and, there were a few issues with the suction, the wand, the main hose and the ill-fitting cap at the top of the wand but, I thought that this is a Dyson I'm buying and that these issues cannot be that bad. I was wrong.

Suction: First thing I found was the suction was not as good as it was with my DC07 Origin which I have owned for nearly 5 years. The DC07 suction was so good that I had trouble pushing it back and forwards on my carpet and you could visually see the carpet being sucked up as you went over it. By comparison, although the DC33 did clean the carpet, the suction was not as strong and there was no resistance when pushing it along the same carpets and I did not notice the carpets being sucked up towards the soleplate as I went over it. My conclusion is that the DC33 suction is not as good as the suction that I got from my DC07. This appears to be confirmed by the fact that the DC07 suction in 'air watts' is 300 and the DC33 is only 255. I.e. Less 'air watts' equals less suction.

Wand/Main Hose: When I removed the wand to clean the stairs, the hose was 'reasonably easy' to extend going up the stairs but, it did not reach the top stair as it did easily with the DC07. The wand with a new plastic tube was rigid and I would have had to lift up that part of the wand to even get anywhere near to cleaning the top stair but this would have involved turning the top of the wand at a 'very acute angle' to the hose and, if I had done this, the hose would quicky tear and need replacing in no time at all. I'm not sure what the answer to this issue but I am not prepared to use the wand and hose in that way. I removed the both the DC07 and DC33 wands and main hoses and put them, 'none extended', alongside each other on the floor and I found that the DC33 hose was at least 6 inches shorter than the DC07 hose. I spoke to Dyson Customer Service about this and the answer I got was that Dyson are out of stock for wands and hoses for the DC33. The guy I was talking to said that I could read into that what I wanted to from his statement. I.e. Dyson are supplying/selling a lot of replacement wands and hoses for that model.

Cap at the top of the wand: As mentioned by at least one other buyer in these forums, the cap on my DC33 is 'ill fitting' and therefore does not close fully onto the top of the wand. I realise that this has no bearing on the suction or performance of the Dyson and I personally find that this is not up to quality that I have come to expect from Dyson. It is more of a design failure and they should have remained with the 'sliding cap'.

I have contacted Dyson Customer Service today and made them aware of my concerns and they offered to send an engineer out to inspect it but my DC33 is barely a week old, so I'm against this because it's so new. At this moment in time, I'm not quite sure if I will return it.

I would welcome any helpful input on these issues.

brave01heart

Post subject: Re: Dyson DC 33 Multi Floor
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:56 pm 

Dyson model: DC33 & DC07
If it wouldn't be of much of an issue to you you can actually use the DC07 hose on the DC33, you just have to swap them back over again after to store it, this also allows you to use the tools from the DC07 on the DC33. Just an idea., it's what I do because I don't want to buy all new tools.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:05 pm 

Dyson model: DC14 Animal
Hi braveheart. Thanks for your thoughts on the DC33.

Regarding the suction, it's worth bearing in mind that suction isn't the only thing that affects cleaning performance. Brush design, speed, pressure and airflow will all have an effect and it could be that Dyson have found a way to maintain the cleaning power without using so much suction, although I agree that it is strange that this has fewer airwatts than the DC07. Of coarse with the wand it is purely down to airwatts so you are definately loosing out vs the DC07 there.

I think the DC33 was brought in as a budget version of the DC27 and to me it certainly seems very good value in comparison, but of coarse we will always expect the latest machines to be better than the old ones so they should make it clear if that is the reason for the reduced suction power.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:31 am 

Dyson model: 2007
I have light coloured textured floor tiles ( never again :) I have tried different mops and cleaning fluids but find it hard to get the ingrained dirt out without scrubbing on my hands and knees.

floor cleaning machines

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:31 am 

Hello..
The third time we utilized it, the vacuum all of a sudden influenced a noisy, buzzing to seem like something was stuck in it, yet nothing was. We called Dyson the second time it happened and they said that occasionally the suction is strong to the point that it sucks the floor covering into it and the that sticks the apparatuses and makes the clamor.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:34 am 

I bought some carpet cleaners on this site:

carpet and upholstery cleaning service

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:32 pm 

Dyson model: DC33
I've had my DC 33 for probably 5 years now and it still works great. Just have to clean the filters once in a while and make sure the brush roll doesn't have hair tangled all over it. Other than that it works awesome.

I am looking into at least one new vacuum very soon which is why I'm here at this forum.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]